Monday, April 27, 2009

My Mexican Treasures

(Note: Click on an image for a larger view)





This is a continuation of my last post where I posted some of the colorful images I photographed while in Mexico recently. Here I have posted pictures of some of the beautiful hand painted woodenware I bought at a Mexican artesania. You can see a photo of the piece followed by a close-up of some of the detail work. (Click on any of the images to see a larger image.) I was told that it takes three hours to hand paint a plate with a design like the red chile peppers. I'm imagining that it would take a bit more time to complete a more detailed design like the black and white peacock plate or the black tortillera, the covered bowl into which freshly cooked tortillas would be placed prior to serving them with a meal. (I promptly filled it with gumdrops but that's another story.) Each of these colorful treasures is a source of artistic inspiration for me and evokes memories of my trip.



Ballo ergo sum
- Gitana, the Creative Diva

No comments:

Post a Comment