Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Angel's Inspiration

(Note: Click on an image for a larger view)
No, this isn't a post about divine inspiration nor is it about a card featuring angels. It concerns my daughter, Angel, who sometimes accompanies me on trips to my local crafts store and is many times the source of some of my creative "pearls". She attends a high school that emphasizes environmental careers and sustainable living and is very interested in all things "green". When I came across a set of Stampology clear stamps with eco-friendly messages she insisted that I purchase it straight away. Now you have to understand that her excitement over the stamps was not because she was looking forward to creating with them. She was excited to see what I would create with them. Well, it doesn't take much to get my creative juices flowing so I sat down with my new toys right away and came up with this simple card.

Stamp credits:
Tree: Inkadinkado Holiday Silhouettes #97289;
Flourish: Inkadinkado Flourishes #97618;
Sentiment: Stampology clear stamps Who Cares? #AL3457

Check out my next post for a tutorial on how to create this card.


Earlier in the summer, Angel had chosen another stamp set that reflected her passion for all things aquatic. When she went away to her first job working in a summer camp, I created a card and tucked it in her bag for her to find when she unpacked. I made it in such a rush I didn't realize that I had stamped the envelope upside down. No matter. Now it has "character" and provides a little color to the memory she has of finding the card.

Stamp Credits:
Jelly Fish, starfish, bubbles, school of small fish: Heidi Grace Designs Clear Stamps Beyond the Sea #28834_5
Slender Seaweed on card: Me and Carrie Lou, Lakeland, Florida
Large Seaweed on envelope: Magenta 14520-J
Mosaic tile stamp: Starving Artistamps




Ballo ergo sum
- Gitana, the Creative Diva

No comments:

Post a Comment