Friday, October 4, 2013

Harvest Time

Coleus
I've gushed on and on about my garden enough times for anyone reading this blog to know I really love it. The feeling of growing, picking and eating my own food is unrivaled. Add to that the beauty of the abundant flowers I also grow -- well, it doesn't get any better than that for me. Rather than gush any further, I'll just post a few photos of my little slice of heaven on earth. These pictures were taken within the last few weeks so it's a good representation of what my garden looks like now. Autumn is upon us and summer's bounty is waning but until frost kills off the last of my greenery I'm going to enjoy it to the max. Then I'll put all my pots and shovels away and spend the winter planning next year's garden.

Nope. It doesn't get any better than this.

Morning glories on my fence.
Bi-color corn. It was good!
Petunias in one last burst of blooms.

My garden goodies.
Jalapenos, a pepper and 12 inch cucumbers .
Dwarf apple tree.








Marigolds -- lots of them!

Ballo ergo sum
- Gitana, the Creative Diva

No comments:

Post a Comment