Friday, October 3, 2014

Another Floral Surprise

(Click on a photo to view a larger image.)

Last year I got a zebra plant (Aphelandra squarrosa) that miraculously survived the dry air in my home over the last frigid winter. This year, when the weather warmed sufficiently, I placed in outdoors next to my avocado and mini roses. A few weeks ago I noticed something I hadn't seen before. It appeared as if my plant was going to bloom! Never having had a zebra plant before, I didn't know that it bloomed. I assumed it was a foliage plant. Well, I was wrong. Here are some photos showing the transition from foliage to bracht to blossoms. Now that October is here and the first frost is not far behind, this last hurrah of summer is a very welcome sight.

 

Ballo ergo sum
- Gitana, the Creative Diva

No comments:

Post a Comment