Friday, July 24, 2009

Running in Place

(Note: Click on an image for a larger view)
Things have not slowed down for me since my last post nearly a month ago. In fact it feels as if some things have speeded up. One thing that has been affected by all my activity has been my crafting, or lack thereof as the case may be. I managed to squeeze in a couple of cards yesterday. One is for my daughter who is away for a month working as an assistant camp counselor in the summer camp she attended during her childhood. It's her first job and her first extended stay away from home where she isn't with family. The other is a thank you card for her friend, Clarissa, who was kind enough to let my daughter use her cell phone to send me text messages while my daughter's phone was out of commission.

Before this current flurry of activity began, I had created a couple of cards for Asian card swaps but could not post them until after the swap closing dates. Now that those dates have passed I have included them here.

Much of my time has been spent in the garden weeding, planting and photographing. It is hard, dirty work and I love it but it has a draining effect on me. The pro: I sleep like a rock. The con: I'm too tired to sit at my workshop table and create. It can't be helped. I must work the garden while the sun shines. When I can carve a little creative time for myself, I'll be sure to post it here. Until then, take a look at my garden blog to see what's been keeping me so busy.

Ballo ergo sum
- Gitana, the Creative Diva

No comments:

Post a Comment