Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Passport Invitation

(Note: Click on a photo to see a larger image.)

It seems as if my life is being carried in a small boat along a fast moving stream. So much has happened in the last month that I have not had time to post on my blogs or participate in any of the challenges hosted by the online groups to which I belong. Fortunately my little boat is not sailing without a rudder so I can keep myself from capsizing into the rapids.

One of the big events for me was being contracted by a returning client to produce invitations for her annual client event. Her invitations are always tied into the theme of the event and are intended to set the mood from its receipt. This year's theme is adventure so I came up with the concept of creating a passport document to act as the invitation. A specific color palette was requested and you can see two of those colors in the photo above. Although the concept was easy enough, designing it proved to be somewhat more challenging than I expected but after two weeks of brainstorming I prevailed.

When I presented the prototypes to my client and her assistant, they were completely bowled over. They particularly liked the small details I used to convey the idea of adventure and travel throughout the document. In years past the order was for 50 invites. This year's order was doubled! This presented a double challenge for me; 1) I now had to produce twice as many cards, a substantial task when you consider they are all made completely by hand and 2) I had to do it in less time than I had in the past because the process began later this year. Regardless, I am up to the challenge and am enjoying it immensely.

To see additional photos of this card, click here to go to my Photobucket album where you'll find photos of my other cards as well.


Ballo ergo sum
- Gitana, the Creative Diva

1 comment: