Friday, October 16, 2009

Update on the Passport Invitations...and a New Printer!!

The custom order I was working for 100 passport-styled invitations has been completed and delivered to the client today, five days ahead of schedule. I am relieved and very, very satisfied that the way this project turned out. (To read the background story, click here.)

I ran into several minor problems with this order, most of which were printer-related issues. First I ran out of ink. Then the replacement ink I ordered (remanufactured to cut costs) did a miserable job of printing. The print and the graphics were fuzzy and not at all sharp. (Never again!!) Had to return the ink and re-order manufacturers' original ink at double the price. Printing was better but still not great, not because of the ink but because the printer itself is not well suited to graphics printing. I had been see-sawing for years about buying a new printer, feeling guilty about buying a new printer when I had one that worked well but just didn't give crisp graphic images. This time I bit the bullet and ordered a new HP Photosmart Printer. With the exception of my current printer, I have always used HP printers both at home and at work. The print quality is excellent and the machines are workhorses. My current Dell (boo...hiss...) printer was given to me and a free printer trumped one I had to pay for (or so I thought). My experience has me running back to the hardware I have come to trust for crisp, sharp printing. It should arrive sometime next week and I can't wait to put it through its paces. Future client orders will look awesome. So bring 'em on. I'm ready!

Ballo ergo sum
- Gitana, the Creative Diva

No comments:

Post a Comment