Saturday, May 14, 2011

Graduation Bear Hugs

(Please click on photo to see a larger image.)

Last year my youngest daughter graduated from high school and moved to North Carolina to attend college with her older sister. This year my older daughter has completed her requirements for the Associate of Fine Arts degree and will graduate. I decided to commemorate both graduations with customized teddy bears wearing caps and tassels that match those of their respective schools. Each one holds a "diploma" emblazoned with the graduate's name, school logo, class and date of graduation. These bears are adorable, if I may say so myself, and I'm sure my daughters will think so, too.

The mortarboard caps are created of cardstock and are carefully put together to avoid unsightly seams. The tassels are made with either crochet cotton or embroidery floss and is held in place with a mini brad painted to match the cap.  The diplomas were created in a page layout program in a small size just right for these bears that sit about four inches high without the hat.

Congratulations to Ava and Angel. I'm so proud of you both.

Ballo ergo sum
- Gitana, the Creative Diva
Design team member for About Art Accents

1 comment:

  1. So much to be proud of, Gitana. Well done (as always!)

    Ben
    http://kissthecook-ben.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete