Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Beauty Surrounds Me

(Click on any photo to view a larger image.)

Sedum in bloom

Marigolds in beautiful fall colors.
Rainbow coleus
Fresh basil for my meals. Mnmm.
Delicious apples in my tree.
Festive fall basket and purple
and yellow pansies
Although I enjoy my garden immensely, many are the days that in my rush-rush to and fro I view it with little more than a sidelong glance and assess how much more work it will demand of me. But then there are those days, like today, when I look at my somewhat disheveled garden and marvel at it. Even now, as the days grow shorter and colder and summer's glory is fast fading, I am surrounded by the beauty and wonder of nature. Such beauty gladdens me, humbles me and makes me smile. Behold my many blessings.

I rescued this 'weed' from
my father's backyard.

Salvia

Ballo ergo sum
- Gitana, the Creative Diva

No comments:

Post a Comment