Friday, October 19, 2012

From Bucket to Banquet

(Click on any photo to view a larger image.)

The bucket
The banquet
A few days ago I posted how my husband and I picked a small quantity of apples from my backyard tree. Well, those apples turned out to be tangy sweet and delicious with firm white flesh, perfect for eating out of hand. Unfortunately many of those apples had been badly bruised or cracked when they fell off the tree or through my hands in a lame attempt at catching them when my husband tugged them off the tree. That meant that they wouldn't keep very long before they began to spoil and I had to do something with them quickly. I hereby present to you the first apple pie of the season.

I'd better go now before my family devours the pie and leaves me with the crumbs.

Ballo ergo sum
- Gitana, the Creative Diva

No comments:

Post a Comment