Tuesday, January 29, 2013

More Lovin' from the Oven

(Click on photo to view a larger image.)

Since experiencing a resounding success with the oatmeal chocolate chip raisin cookies I made earlier this week, I've been having a ball baking this past week. My biggest problem is remembering to photograph my goodies before they are all consumed. This past Sunday I decided to whip up a batch of corn muffins just because I have a heart shaped pan that I wanted to use. Unfortunately I didn't have any cornmeal in the house so I used an old Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix box I had languishing in the back of a cabinet. Bad move. The muffins, as adorably shaped as they were, didn't have the right texture one would expect of a self-respecting corn muffin. Next time I'll quick being lazy and do the right thing by buying some fresh cornmeal and making the muffins from scratch.

My baking was not a total loss, however, because I also made a whole wheat bread which, as it turns out, tastes pretty good wrapped around some cold cuts. I also whipped up a batch of killer cheddar garlic buns that my family fought over. They taste like the ones you get at Red Lobster. No pictures though. I was too busy eating to get my camera.

Ballo ergo sum
- Gitana, the Creative Diva

1 comment:

  1. Hi Gitana, yum, cheddar garlic buns! You are one of the winners of Illuminate: Contemporary Craft Lighting on my blog All Things Paper. I emailed you, but it must have gone to your spam folder. Please reply to ann.b.martin at gmail.com with your mailing address and I will see that Bloomsbury sends you the book.

    ReplyDelete